Thursday, February 25, 2010

Eggs Anyone?


It all started when I decided that it would be a good idea to get some chickens.  Well if you mail order them there is a 25 chick minimum.  Of course I needed to get a few more for good measure and ended up with 32.  We waited AND WAITED for the chicks to mature so we could get eggs.  I even told the chickens that if they didn't start laying soon I would have to make some chicken and dumplings. WELL I sure did not know what I was asking for!  We are down to 22 chickens and boy howdy when spring comes I will have eggs coming out my ears!!  To solve the problem the kids have started a little business.  I am so proud of them.  They clean the eggs and call customers to get orders and even use the $ to buy chicken feed.

All this to show you our newest size of egg for those counting the calories!
 
do you see it on the right?


Nope it is not a bouncy ball!


Even my Moonshine had a hard time believing it.
This was really something we have had a few smaller eggs but this one beats them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment