Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Come on Baby Light My Fire




A simple and easy project for that someone special.

I started with matches I found at the Dollar Tree.


They came 10 to a pack.


Unfold the cover.  I used my little sharp scissors to help pry it apart.
 
 


Trace out the shape leaving the striker pad off paper.
You don't want to cover it or you can't light the matches.

 
I then just folded my paper on the same creases the cover had.


Then just glue on.


I then measured the box portion and drew it on the back side of my paper.
I measured 2 3/16'' x 3 11/16.


I then centered the box on the paper and creased it.
Then I cut along the crease till I reached the box.


Glue the small tabs to the box then cover over and glue and tuck the large tab into the box.


You will end up with this.


See the striker is exposed.


I cut strips of cute paper to make a little slider thingie (no Idea what to call it)  to wrap around the box.
I made a template (if you can call it that) to put votive candles in.  Well long story short I ended up going HERE and having one made for me.  It is super easy just type in the dementions you want and viola!  To hold three votives I used W: 1.75" H: 4.5" and T: .7".  Remember this is a tuck box template so instead of opening the end you want to glue the ends and open from the top.
 
 
I purchased votives at the Dollar Tree also.
This is super easy and cheap to make.
You can even add a tag that says
"Come On Baby Light My Fire!"



 


No comments:

Post a Comment